Saturday, January 31, 2009

Tropical Paradise - Part 2 - surfing anyone?

Sooo, today's was a new day on Paradise Island. My wake up call came promptly at 5:15 am as ordered so I could make it to the trade show by the 6:30 opening of exhibits. A quick look out the hotel window showed that the rain was gone and there was big puffy white clouds in the baby blue sky. It was looking pretty promising for the beach, once the exhibits closed for the day.

I was almost giddy with excitement about the prospects of a few hours on the beach as I noticed a lot of people with wind jackets, long pants, and even a few sweatshirts. I shrugged it off although seeing one Bahamian woman with a sweatshirt on that said "water safety staff" did give me a little pause. But I looked out the window again and the sun was out, the sky was blue, yes it was a little windy(click on the picture below for a larger version), but I was certain it was a warm tropical breeze, so I preceded to change into my swim suit and cover up and headed out to the beach.


I get out to the beach and suddenly realize that instead of a blanket, I should have brought a surf board and a sweat shirt and sweat pants as well as an electric blanket.



On the bright side - I did have my pick of spots on the beach...



3 comments:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Dang! You don't have much luck, do you? So sorry to hear the weather gods did not cooperate.

Jennifer said...

Darlene, That's a great way of viewing it! Better luck next time. J

Pam said...

Doesn't it just figure - your one small opportunity to enjoy the sun. Great pictures though! Maybe next year!