Saturday, August 7, 2010

In the Blink of An Eye

It's been over a year since I've posted to Photo Me. Life gets busy or we get lazy, or maybe it's a combination of both. So many other options on the Internet, and really, does anyone really have an interest in what I have to say? Who really knows, but I am amazed that as I signed on today to recapture some photos from a previous post, that there are recent visitors to Photo Me.

In the spirit of "catching" up, let's just say that 2010 hasn't really been the best of years for me. Of course depending on if you think the glass is half full or half empty, one might consider that this year has been a great year.

Without going into a lot of boring details, let me just say that this year I've realized that life can change very quickly. When you think you have your life planned out and in control, God sometimes gives you a shove or pokes you in the side and lets you know who really is in control. You can be healthy one day and literally wake up the next morning not knowing if you are going to live or die.

So during this year:
  • I have learned to take nothing for granted.
  • I have learned that there are people who love you and even though you may not know it on a day to day basis, they show themselves when times get tough.
  • I've learned that there are friends that no matter what or how long the distance that separates you - time or miles - that when you reconnect it is as if you've never been apart.
  • I have learned that when tought times come you should never be to proud or scared to ask for help - especially prayer.
  • I have learned that God can give you peace even in uncertain times.
  • I have learned that it's ok to cry - that God allows tears.
  • I've learned that God still answers prayers - he just answers them in his time and in his way.
  • I've learned to tell the ones you love that you love them every time you have a chance, because you never know when you can't.
  • I've learned that we shouldn't always ask "Why me?", but sometimes we should ask "Why not me?"
  • I have learned that life can change in the blink of an eye-so blink less often and learn to appreciate the view that is in front of you every second.
  • I've learned to that you should take as many pictures as possible - even if it is only with your mind's camera, so that in the uncertain times you can "look" at those pictures and know that God is in control.

So until next time - for anyone who may be reading - even if you happened here by accident, I hope you can learn something from this year in my life and that it is a blessing to you.

1 comment:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

It's so good that you are blogging. I am not {sigh}. According to Blogger, I have run out of room and they want me to upgrade...for a fee. So I am boycotting.

Anyway, you're right -- this has been quite a year for you. I am immensely proud of you and the friend you are. I am grateful that you are in my life :)