I have a book called Easter Stories for Children that I received as a child. The book was published in 1962 and, although it's tattered and torn, has survived through the years. I can't actually remember who I received the book from, but I can remember looking at it with both my grandmothers at one time or another. The book contains different stories and poems relating to Easter and Spring. Some religious, some about Easter bunnies and spring fairies. Don't ask me why, but one of the images that stands out in my mind from the book is an illustration of a little fairie asleep under what seems to be a giant umbrella shaped mushroom.
Now whenever I see one of these mushrooms growing wild, I image a tired little fairie sleeping under it and I think of my book and the memories.
I hope you have something in your life that surprises you from time to time with a fond memory.
Where has the time gone....
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment